top of page

How to get an Australian PR (Permanent Visa)


My visa to australia

There are several pathways to obtain permanent residency in Australia. Immigration law is a constantly moving area of law and we highly recommend that prior to embarking on your immigration plan, you consult with one of our immigration specialists so you are aware of what it entails.

Immigration law is a maze riddled with dead-ends. Often people who have embarked on a visa pathway to obtain their permanent residence find themselves unable to obtain residency after years of remaining in Australia on various temporary visas. That is why we highly recommend that you consult with us prior to making any plans to be eligible to apply for a permanent visa.

Permanent visas can be granted in Australia and outside Australia.

We can assist you with the following Permanent Residence
visas and more


Other Permanent Visas

Partner Visas

There are several partner visa categories available for those looking at sponsoring or being sponsored to migrate to Australia. Please contract us to consult about your options.

Our experienced staff will be able to assist you with the following partner visa categories:

  1. Partner Temporary Visa and Permanent Visa

  2. Prospective Marriage Visa

Business Sponsored Permanent Resident Visas

Employer nominated business visas are one of the most popular visa pathways to permanent residency in Australia.

If you are interested in sponsoring an employee or if you are an employee looking to be sponsored in this pathway, contract one of our Immigration Law Consultants for a consultation.

Parent Visas

There are three categories of visa in this field, each catering for different purposes. Each visa has different set of rules and To avoid loopholes and surprises half-way in your application we recommend that you consult with us prior to considering which visa option to undertake under this category.

Options under this visa category include:

  1. Parent (Permanent) Visa –                          A permanent visa for parents who have children living in Australia

  2. Contributory Parent (Migrant) Visa –        This is a permanent visa for parents with children living in Australia. This visa costs
                                                                            than the Parent visa but is generally processed faster.

  3. Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa –  This is a temporary visa valid for two years. If you hold this visa you can then apply for
                                                                            the permanent Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).

For information on Assurance of Support please contact us or book for an appointment with Immigration Law Consultants .

Speak to our Immigration Law Consultants  about an Australian Permanent Visa – 

bottom of page