top of page

Spouse Visa Sydney - Partner Visas Experts

Marriage Visa - De Facto Partner Visa -  Prospective Marriage / Fiance Visa

Partner Visa Reviews

Thank you Andre,​

That's great news and a big relief, I am very happy and so is Emily. 

I also wish you all the best and thank you again for all your work in this visa application, 

Best regards,


Who can sponsor for a Spouse visa ?

In order to sponsor you for a Spouse visa, your partner must be an:

  • Australian citizen

  • Australian permanent resident; or

  • eligible New Zealand citizen.

Your partner must usually be over 18 years of age.

Spouse Visa Law Consultants & Registered Migration Agents

Our experienced Immigration Law Consultants and Registered Migration Agents can assist you with any issues that arise when applying for a Partner visa including:

  • if you are in a de facto relationship, providing sufficient evidence that you and your partner have lived together for at least 12 months

  • ensuring that you have provided sufficient evidence of the genuine and continuing nature of your relationship

Once you are granted a temporary Partner visa, we will keep you informed of changes to immigration law and policy once you are eligible to apply for a permanent Partner visa.

Sponsoring your Spouse to Australia

Several options are available to Australian citizens or permanent residents who would like to sponsor their partner or spouse to come and or remain in Australia.


The Department of Home Affairs investigates and scrutinises all Partner visa applications to ensure the legal requirements for the visa are met. Failure to meet these can be met with visa refusal and significant time is wasted. 

Our Senior Immigration Law Consultant or Solicitor will advise and assist you in sponsoring a de-facto, fiance or married partner to Australia.

High Success Rate

Spouse Visa Temporary (subclass 820) and Spouse Permanent visa (subclass 801)

This visa is for applicants who apply for a partner visa while in Australia.
You may be eligible for this visa if you are in a married or de facto relationship an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Your partner must sponsor you. Our professional Consultants and Registered Migration Agents will be able to assist you with providing advice and assistance with the application process and what is needed for you to become a sponsor.

Onshore Temporary Spouse visa (subclass 820) you can:

  • stay in Australia until a decision is made about your permanent 801 Partner visa

  • work in Australia

  • study in Australia

  • enrol in Medicare Australia’s health care scheme

  • travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.


Onshore Permanent Spouse visa (subclass 801), you can:

  • Work and study in Australia

  • Enroll in Australia’s medical benefits expenses and hospital care scheme, Medicare

  • Eligible to receive certain social security payments

  • Apply for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)

  • Remain permanently in Australia with your partner

  • work in Australia

  • study in Australia

  • enrol in Medicare Australia’s health care scheme

  • apply for Australian citizenship once you are eligible

  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence

  • travel in and out of Australia as often as you want

Fiance (e) Visa

Please note, the visa applicant will need to abide by the following conditions:

  • must enter Australia before they marry their fiancé (e)

  • can apply for a Partner visa in Australia after they marry their fiancé

  • can study, but they will not have access to government funding


Our experienced Immigration Law Consultants will check your application to make sure it complies with the law, contact us. A small investment in quality advice now can give you the best chance of success and prevent further costs and delays in finalising the application. 

How we can help with a permanent Partner visa application

You may be eligible to granted a permanent Partner visa:

  • directly if you can show that you have been married or in a de facto relationship for at least 3 years, or for at least 2 years and you have a child together.

  • 2 years from the date you applied for your temporary Partner visa, as long as you can show that the relationship is still ongoing

  • in other circumstances such as if you hold a temporary Partner visa but the relationship has broken down due to domestic violence.


We have extensive experience in obtaining temporary and permanent Partner visas for people in a married, de facto or registered relationship. Contact us to get professional help or Book an appointment to discuss your visa application for one hour with a 18+ years Australian Immigration law expert.

bottom of page